Monday, November 3, 2008

Lee's Back in Blogland



Hi Everybody!!


I know it has been ages since I was able to blog! My digital camera became totally unoperable and my life was travelling at too high a speed to keep up. But I am soooooooo excited to be back! I thought I would begin with some recent projects from our Hostess Club nights! I have such a great group of ladies to stamp with!! It is such a pleasure finding fun, interesting projects to do for this class!


One project showcased how easy our Simply Sent Card Elements kits are to use. They come with all the cardstock, designer paper and adhesive die-cuts to embellish your cards. Classy, yet simple enough for a beginner to use. Makes an excellant gift for a friend you'd like to entice to become a stamping buddy!














The ladies I stamp with enjoy variety, so, I try to add a bit of a challenge with a technique card as well. The October technique was Masking. I love to create and develope interesting scene's using this technique and this particular card caught my eye.


I used to ice skate all year round as a teenager. I skated every open session I could at Winterhurst Indoor Rink in Lakewood, Ohio. This scene really took me back and made me fall in love with this stamp set - Winter Post (from the Holiday Mini Catalog.) Lovely as a Tree is an especially favorite set of mine that I seem to find new uses for year after year! The greeting comes from a great Level 1 Hostess Set called Best Yet. This one seems to be my hostess club girls favorite!


The Big Shot by Sizzex is fast becoming my new favorite tool from Stampin' Up! I am so thrilled to have something this useful and fun to show my customers! This card demonstrates the Top Note Die. I will definitely be showing you more goodies made with this puppy!!

Our final projet was this little treat container. It is the shape of a sour cream container and we filled ours with M&M's. We used the Level 1 Hostess Print Pack, which requires no cutting or trimming. We needed a 6x6" piece and used our Sticky Strip and Crimper to make this super fast 3-D item. These make great party favors and stocking stuffers! Nice WOW factor too!
Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you enjoyed the projects! See you again soon!
Blessings,
Lee

No comments: