Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Up, Up & Away!



This new stamp set is AWESOME!  I just love the selection of hot air balloon possibilities!!  It's a great set by itself but is also wonderful to add the elements to any outdoor scene.  You have clouds, birds and beautiful balloons to use to decorate trees, hills, bodies of water and so much more!

To make this lovely card, I used a Baja Breeze card base 11"x4 1/4", folded in half.  I stamped some random clouds on it with Baja Breeze ink.  Then, I stamped my Hot Air Balloons and attached their baskets using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig tool.  On a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the striped balloon using Baja Breeze, Concord Crush and Poppy Parade colored markers.  I did add the basket to the balloon before cutting it our with my very sharp paper snips. ( I love how long those puppies stay sharp!)   Using 2-Way Glue Pen, I added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the stripes.  Now, it is time to add to the strip with a stampin' dimensional.




  Last, I added a greeting that says, " The sky's the limit!" dipped in Concord Crush on the bottom right hand corner, again, using my S-A-M-J for perfect placement.

Next, I took an 11" x 3/4" strip of Poppy Parade card stock and punched it with my Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.  Then I cut that strip in 1/2 and adhered it to each side of Concord Crush mat and then add the Hot Air Balloon scene to the whole piece.  I centered that on the front of my Baja Breeze card base and tied a piece of Baja Breeze seam binding as shown.  Ta-Da!!


Wood Mount #122755 $26.95
Clear Mount #122757 $18.95


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw your post on LNS. I love your card. I'm saving it in my Favs for inspiration. TFS!

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Cute card, Lee! I had considered buying this stamp set when I first seen it. I think it is one that I have to put on my wish list. Thanks for sharing.