Saturday, January 2, 2010

First Sample of the New Year - Vintage Vogue




Here's the sample that was promised! The first inking of this new set:) I sure hope you like it!! I needed to make a bunch of thank you cards for and just love to come up with quick and easy no-layer cards. This card used a little sponging of an oval cut out frame from our retired Coluzzle system. It looks like the Ovals Die for the Big Shot would get about the same sized frame. Anywho, you want to center an oval frame on the front of your Whisper White card base (1/2 of an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock, then folded in 1/2). Then take Cameo Coral ink on a sponge and dab it generously within the frame, keeping it darker around the edges. Next, I took my viney stamp and inked it with Always Artichoke. I loved getting it to hug the edges of the oval without having to use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (stamp positioner). These clear block stamps are soooooooo great! I then stamped the large flower onto a scrap of Whisper White c/s using Crushed Curry ink and cut it out with my paper snips. I put a dimensional under the center and placed it on the card where I wanted it, without removing the backing. I wanted the little flowers to peek out from under the larger one so I stamped them using Cameo Coral ink. Then I added the half back pearls from the Pretties Kit, adhered my larger flower and voila! Using my SAMJ, I lined up my greeting from the Thank You Kindly Stamp Set, inking it with Cameo Coral. On the inside, I used the frame edge on top and bottom using Always Artichoke ink. I just can't stand not having art on the inside of my cards:) Hope you enjoyed!

Inky Hugs,
Lee





Supply List:





  • Whisper White Cardstock


  • Cameo Coral Ink


  • Crushed Curry Ink


  • Always Artichoke Ink


  • Stampin' Sponge


  • Vintage Vogue Stamp Set


  • Thank You Kindly Stamp Set


  • Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (SAMJ)


  • Pretties Kit


  • Coluzzle System

4 comments:

Bella Bead Fun! said...

Just love this single layer (sort of) card. I've been playing with it this morning. So beautiful! I love this set!

Wendy Hawkinson said...

This is so pretty! This is definitely going to be CASEd. :)

~Wendy Hawkinson
www.gotrubberwillstamp.blogspot.com

sherryd said...

Lovely card!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love this card, and this stamp set! So elegant. I love all the empty space and the oval silhouette. thanks for sharing, pretty sure I will be using this one.

ceashark at aol dot com