This card is another "Blast from the Past" that I was extremely inspired by. The designer's name is Amy Celona and she has an awesome eye for color and placement. She used some wonderful Vellum card stock and White embossing powder to give this card the look of a stained glass window. Amazing!
1. Stamp the image of baby Jesus' family from the Holy Triptych stamp set using VersaMark on Vellum card stock scrap. Then, stamp frame with VersaMark as well. Pour white embossing powder over images and gently heat till set.
2. Color in the reverse side of the image using water color pencils and a blender pen till you get the desired shades.TIP: Put a small amount of color where you want it to be darkest and drag color around with the blender pen to fill in that portion.
3.Trim around design, leaving a small border.
4. Cut a piece of Whisper White to be the same size as the vellum image. Adhere carefully under the colored areas only.
5. On the Bashful Blue piece that is 4" x 5 1/4", stamp a snow flake of your choice from Northern Hearts* or Serene Snowflakes,* twice, using VersaMark ink. Pour Iridescent Ice embossing powder over them and heat till set using the Heat Tool . ( *The Snow Burst set that is used in the sample is retired and no longer available.)
6. Mount stained glass window onto Snowflakes
7.Stamp a greeting from Many Merry Messages or similar sized greeting using VersaMark again. Sprinkle with White embossing powder and heat to set with Heat Tool.
8. Mount it on the Whisper White card base.
That's it! I hope you enjoyed this project! Thanks for stopping by:)